Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Raks Pro Member: Nour!

Over the next weeks we will be presenting all the dancers in our company to you!

Today, a dancer with almost ten years of practicing in her hips, who has been a member of A-Team for a while and now has joined Raks Pro as well!

Nour: "9 years ago, one of my friends dragged me with her to a try-out bellydance class in Mechelen... I never stopped bellydancing since.
I love bellydance because it is so many things at once : feminin, emotional, lyrical, healthy, FUN, elegant, sparkly and so much more.


These last few years I have been dancing in bellydance school (e)motion in Leuven and I have met so many nice and friendly people.
When Artemisia asked me to dance in her projects/troupes, I didn't hesitate for a second!


This is something that I love to do and I get to do it with a group of great friends. I love being in a troupe!"

She forgot to mention her love for all things costuming! Nour is our amazing source of ideas for new outfits and a hero in finding what we need online!

She is usually the first to sign up for classes and workshops (allll of them!), and that kind of dedication is resulting in the kind of leaps forward teachers and troupe leaders live for. As a dancer she really has that juicy Egyptian thing going, I love watching her dance! Oh, and her Arabic is getting pretty fluent!



No comments:

Post a Comment